A driving license is given to those specific persons who know how to drive the vehicles. There are special terms and rules set to obtain a driving license. Here is complete information about obtaining a Driving License and let you know how to track a driving license online through DLIMS.
There are some rules that you need to follow for obtaining a driving license.
Steps involved in Obtaining Driving License Online through DLIMS:
You will have to get the Driving License by following steps:
- Submit all the required documents required
- Make sure that your age is not below the age limit
- Moreover, take the ticket of Rs. 60 from any nearby Post Office
Note: Validity of learner license is up to 6 months
Full Procedure to Get Driving License:
You must know everything before you apply for a license. First, you will have to apply for Learner License. You will have to go to Traffic Police (TP) Office to apply for a license. You will have to submit the application form, copy of CNIC, affidavit, and fee to apply for the learner.
After 45 days of getting a learner license, you will apply for a permanent license. The validity is of 5 years. You will give 3 tests over there, and upon that, you will be qualified or disqualified.
Age Limits to Get License of Driving in Punjab:
There is a specific age limit set by the officials. You cannot apply for Driving License before that. Moreover, driving vehicles before that specific age is illegal, and the person can bear harsh circumstances.
Below is the age limit to apply for Online Driving License:
- The minimum age for Motor Cycle/ Motor Car license is 18 years
- The minimum age for any Low Traffic Vehicle (LTV) is 21 years
Note: LTV includes Taxi, Rickshaw, Commercial traffic, etc.
Tests Involved to Apply for License:
- The first test will be the written MCQs test. In this test, you will have to choose the correct option out of several options.
Note: There are sample papers available on the Internet. Even you can buy a book of sample papers from any stationary shop.
- Then after that, a computerized test will be taken. You will have to choose the correct option. In the computerized test, there are options of signs, and you will have to choose one
Note: You can get a booklet of road and traffic signs from any bookshop. Or you can practice it online
- The third test will be your driving test. You will have to drive the car. Only those are selected for the driving test who are passed in above two tests
- After clearing all three tests, you will have to submit the document to the Traffic Police office within a day
- Then you will be notified within 15 to 21 days that your license has been issued
Documents Required to Apply for License:
You will need to submit the learner license and a copy of CNIC.
Below are the complete documents that are required for a Permanent License:
- Original Learner Permit of minimum 40 days or 6 weeks
- Application Form (A) within File Cover
- 3 Passport size Photographs
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of C.N.I.C.
- Ticket of Rs.60
- Fee Schedule
Note: Make sure documents and photos are attested
Documents Required for Duplicate Driving License Online:
Below are the documents required for Duplicate Driving License Online:
- Report by Computer section having the expiry date of license
- Duplicate Application Form within File Cover
- Fee form For Duplicate License
- 2 Photographs of Passport size
- FIR of Lost License
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of CNIC
Endorsement of Driving License:
Below are the documents required for Endorsement:
- 1st license
- Fee Challan
- 2 Photographs
- Copy of C.N.I.C.
- Driving Tickets
- Endorsement Form
- Original Learner Permit
- Copy of Medical Certificate
- Application Form E within File Cover
Online Verification of Driving License:
Pakistani citizens would have to visit the official site of the Driving License Information Management System (DLIMS) for verification purposes concerning the driving licenses. You will have to go to the license info tab and enter the details to verify the license on DLIMS:
All you need to do is observe the simple steps as follows:
1. Open the official page of the license center. You may click here to go to the page directly
2. You can log in by entering the CNIC, or you may also enter the license number; you will get information within a few seconds
Important Things to Consider to Apply for Driving License Online:
Below are the things that you must keep in mind to apply for a driving license to avoid any inconvenience:
- Make sure to arrive early, before the time because the Traffic department is usually heavily crowded, and it will take hours for you to wait to reach the counters
- Do not forget to take all required documents and original CNIC along with Learner License
- On average, the department accepts 150 licenses, so be on time
Cities from which I can get a license:
- Dera Ghazi Khan
- Lahore DHA
- Lahore Allama Iqbal Town
- Lahore Raiwind
- Lahore Lower Mall
- Lahore CTO Office
- Lahore ASTP Ferozepur Road
- Lahore Liberty
- Lahore Qurban Lines
- Lahore Cantt
- Lahore Thokar
- Mandi BahaudDin
- Nankana Sahib
- Rahim Yar Khan
- Toba Tek Singh
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Driving License Online:
Below are the FAQs about Islamabad Driving License Online:
Question: Is Learner License necessary to apply for a permanent license?
Answer: Yes, it is necessary to apply for a learners’ license.
Question: How many licenses does Traffic Department accept in a day?
Answer: TP accepts almost 150 licenses in a day.
Question: What is the validity of a license?
Answer: A driving license is valid for 5 years.
You can apply for Driving License online if you want a hassle-free process. If you want to know how to apply for a driving license in Pakistan, we offer detailed processes for the convenience of readers. Business World tries to make easy ways for you. Stay in touch with us, and you will get recent updates.