The first industrial revolution turned our world upside down (and we love it!). This industrial revolution brought along many changes for us to witness, but the most noticeable change was the use of ‘industrial machinery’.
Everything has become rapid, easy, and accessible, from aviation to beverage industries, because of industrial components and machinery. This is why the machinery and components field is a great choice for your career pathway.
What is the industrial machinery and components industry?
In order to ensure enhanced productivity and excellent operations, industrial machinery and components are employed by every industry. Following are the names of a few industries which rely heavily on the use of industrial machinery and components:
- Agriculture sector
- Food and Beverage manufacturing
- Automobile manufacturing
- Home-appliance manufacturing
- Gadget and AI (artificial intelligence) devices manufacturing
Industrial machinery & components not only aid in reducing the costs for various industries but also ensure rapid and mass production.
Individuals in this field can get hired for various positions depending upon their qualifications and skillset. Following are a few of these positions for which you can work if you choose this industry as your career path:
- ‘Software’ Engineer
- ‘Mechanical’ Engineer
- Machinery mechanic
- ‘Instrumentation’ Engineer
- Heavy equipment operators
- ‘Research and development’ Engineer
Below mentioned are details of each job position in this field and the required academic qualifications for it:
- If you are interested in high-end engineering jobs, you need to have an Engineering degree
- For entry-level jobs, eighteen years of age is the minimum age requirement
- Certifications can go a long way. For example, if you achieve certification from a reputable source regarding the job position you are interested in, your chances of getting hired and even getting promoted are increased drastically
Some benefits of working in this industry are:
- Health insurance is provided
- Vision and Dental insurance are provided
- Flexible and facilitative retirement plans are formulated
- Sick leaves are allowed
- AD&D insurance and disability insurance are promised
The minimum wage for industrial machinery and components workers (who don’t even have a degree) is $26.50/hour. Hence we can safely assume that at a minimum level, one can earn up to $55,000 annually.
This field becomes even more rewarding for people who have an engineering degree. The average pay of an engineer working in this field is $60,000-$95,000.
This article mentioned some important factors that one should consider to choosing industrial machinery and components as a good career path. This industry is great for people looking to work independently and set up their own business in this field.
If you are someone who does not prefer 9 to 5 jobs, this field can be a great growth and success opportunity for you. To know more about this topic, visit our website Business World. You can also read more informative blogs on our websites, such as Convert Millions, Billions, and Trillions into Lakh, Crore, and Arab and Best Online Shopping Websites in Pakistan.