The saying, “health is wealth,” depicts that good health is the basic requirement of a balanced life. Business World has bought you a List of Hospitals in Karachi that you can prefer when you have to go for the best medical treatment.
Good hospitals with the latest medical technology and workable machinery are important for each member of society. During the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitals in Pakistan took all the necessary measures and tackled the pandemic very effectively.
The section below shows a List of Hospitals in Karachi that people can avail in time of need. Keep on reading!
List of Hospitals in Karachi:
Let us go through the list and find out all the necessary details, like where they are located and what treatment they offer. Following is the List of Hospitals in Karachi:
- Jinnah Hospital Karachi
- Aga Khan University Hospital
- Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital Karachi
- Burhani Hospital
- Dr. Ziauddin Hospital
1. Jinnah Hospital Karachi:
The first name that comes in the List of Hospitals in Karachi is Jinnah Hospital Karachi. The Hospital is also known as Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC). Jinnah Hospital is considered to be a one-of-a-kind hospital in Karachi. The Hospital initiated its operations in 1930.
Earlier, it was established as a military hospital; however, it later transformed into a public hospital. The Dow Medical College was also interlinked with the Jinnah Central Hospital. Currently, Jinnah Hospital Karachi is considered a state-of-the-art hospital in Pakistan. Get to know about the best farmhouses in Karachi if you are there for a family trip.
Following are the main departments in the Hospital:
- Department of Pulmonology
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Nephrology
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Clinical Oncology
- Department of Accident & Emergency
- Department of Medicine & Critical Care
- Department of Medicine & Clinical Toxicology
- Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- Department of Medicine & Hematology and Gastroenterology
- Department of Medicine & Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism & Rheumatology
Contact: 021 99201300
Location: JPMC Hospital Road, Karachi Cantonment, Karachi
2. Aga Khan University Hospital:
Another name that comes in the List of Hospitals in Karachi is Aga Khan University Hospital. It is considered to be one of the best healthcare centers in Pakistan. The Hospital has up-to-date medical equipment that helps in saving the lives of people.
The Hospital was operationalized in 1985 as a teaching hospital for the Aga Khan University’s (AKU) Faculty of Health Sciences. Aga Khan founded it, and now the Hospital is providing secondary and tertiary precautions to the people of Karachi and its nearby areas. Get to know about Top Private and Government Hospitals in Islamabad.
Following are some of the features of AKUH:
- A 560 beds hospital with all the latest facilities
- In-patients have the region’s lowest average length of stay of 4.0 days
- The Hospital is equipped to diagnose and treat medical (including cardiac), surgical, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and psychiatry patients
- The Hospital has 17 main operating theaters. Also, there are four operating theaters in Surgical Day Care and 2 in OB-GYN
- Day Care Surgeries are performed at AKUH
- Pharmacy, Radiology (including nuclear medicine), Laboratory, Cardiopulmonary, Neurophysiology, and Physiological Measurement services are available at AKUH
- AKUH Laboratory operates 47 phlebotomy or specimen collection centers in Karachi and all major cities of Pakistan
Contact: 021 111 911 911
Location: National Stadium Road, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
3. Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital Karachi:
Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital Karachi, is one of the oldest hospitals in Pakistan. It was founded in 1898. After the creation of Pakistan in 1947, both medical colleges and their teaching hospitals came under the authority of the provincial government of Sindh.
During the early years, the Hospital operated as a 250-bed hospital to provide basic healthcare facilities to the people of Karachi. Gradually, the Hospital’s amenities upgraded, and currently, it has over 1900 beds situated in 34 departments, over a dozen main operation theaters, and a huge outpatient appearance.
The Hospital is added to the List of Hospitals in Karachi as it is known across the city due to its top-notch medical facilities and highly skilled staff.
Furthermore, with an average of two million outpatients reporting to the Hospital every year, 95% of the persons are the ones who can’t afford the costs of medicines, laboratory facilities, and other logistics. Get to know about the Top 11 Most Beautiful Hill Stations in Pakistan.
Presently, the Hospital has the following departments:
- Burns Centre
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
The Hospital also provides the following facilities to its patients:
- Coronary Care Unit
- Clinical Laboratory
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Intensive Care Units
- Rehabilitation Center
- Thalassemia Center
Contact: 021 99215740
Location: Mission Road, near Civil Hospital Masjid، New Labour Colony Nanakwara, Karachi
4. Burhani Hospital:
The next name that is included in the List of Hospitals in Karachi is Burhani Hospital. It was recognized in 1913. Firstly, it was established as a dispensary for the treatment of influenza. Later, the dispensary was raised to a maternity home.
In 1978, it got transformed into a developed hospital. The Hospital is particularly renowned among the people for Maternity, Paeds, and Orthopedics services. The Hospital provides first-class medical services and has crystal clear management records.
Likewise, Sky marketing has reported that the Burhani Hospital was awarded the ‘Not for Profit Organization’ rank in 2007 by the Pakistan Centre of Philanthropy.
Following are some of the prominent features of the Hospital comprise:
- The hospital includes 91 indoor beds and offers services to approximately 6000 in-patients and around 80,000 outpatients over the year
- The hospital includes four state-of-the-art Operation Rooms that are accessible round the clock and are capable of all kinds of surgeries
- The hospital has an eight-bed ultra-modern Intensive Care Unit, which is completely equipped with Ventilators, Central Monitoring Station and Individual Multi-parameter monitors, and other critical care tools
- The hospital also has six innovative incubators grounded on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with all supportive elements comprising ventilators and ABG Analyzer
- It has Radiology Departments and Laboratory that is in most sterilized environments
- Whole Body Color Doppler and Esaote Biomedical Color Doppler Scanner with phased array and high-frequency probes cater for all needs in the Ultrasound Department
- The hospital has a power generation capacity of more than 1 Megawatts with a diesel reserve tank of 6000 liters sufficient for ten days fuel requirements
- The entire hospital is provided with pure sterilized water through 20 thousand Gallons per Day by Imported Reverse Osmosis Plant
- The hospital has a Pharmacy in the vicinity that operates on a 24/7 basis
- The hospital has 24 Hours ambulance service obtainable for the patients calling for immediate care
Contact: 021 32212572
Location: Faiz Muhammad Fateh Ali Rd, New Chali, Karachi
5. Dr. Ziauddin Hospital:
Dr. Ziauddin Hospital is the last name that the team of Tajarat Properties has also included in the List of Hospitals in Karachi. The Hospital works under the authority of Ziauddin Trust. It is also one of the major private groups in the country.
Likewise, the key objective of the Hospital is to fulfill the requirements of people by providing them with first-rate medical facilities at a reasonable rate. The Hospital started as a maternity home, and today it has five hospitals, including three tertiary-care facilities.
The five hospitals under the trust are:
- Dr. Ziauddin Hospital, North Nazimabad Campus
- Dr. Ziauddin Hospital, Clifton Campus
- Dr. Ziauddin Cancer Hospital
- Dr. Ziauddin Hospital KDLB, Keamari Campus
- Dr. Ziauddin Memorial hospital
Also, a further area office is operating in Dubai as Zia Medical Center. Take a look at some of the services offered by the hospital:
- Medicine and Allied
- Clinical Laboratories
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Nuclear Medicine
- Critical Care
- Health, Wellness, and Lifestyle Clinic
- Oncology (Cancer Facility)
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Infection Control Unit
- Outpatient Clinics
- Surgery and Allied
- Vaccination Center
- Home Services
- Interventional Radiology
- Kidney Transplant
Contact: 021 36648237
Location: Block-B North Nazimabad Town, Karachi
The team of Business World tried its best to bring you the List of Hospitals in Karachi to help its readers. Similarly, we will keep on updating the article with the latest updated information in the market.
Give this article a complete read, and let us know your opinion about these enlisted hospitals in Karachi. You can also read our blog about the List of Hospitals in Lahore.